Exciting program of industry experts for our Sydney Summit just announced –
Perth lineup announced soon
Emerging trends in engagement
This session will explore the most pressing and relevant trends for engagement practitioners. Presenters will reflect on the past 12 months and provide observations and examples of where they think the industry is heading in the near future. The session will uncover emerging techniques, as well as look at engagement across industries and delve into how this impacts the way we plan and deliver projects.
Engaging with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
Engaging with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities
This session is designed to create better outcomes when we engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and community members from a CALD background. Hear from experienced practitioners who will provide advice based on their experience working with and as part of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and CALD communities.
Digital and virtual engagement
Each year we aim to bring you updates on new and emerging technology which can help make engagement fun, interesting and more effective. This year our program offers some very exciting demonstrations of digital engagement, virtual and augmented reality which has been used to great effect. The session will feature
presentations from universities, leading tech companies and organisations who are using these tools to better engage.
Careers in community and stakeholder engagement
Have you ever thought about where a career in community and stakeholder could take you? Our diverse panel of engagement professionals will talk through the many paths and trajectories a career in this industry can take you. We’ll discuss careers in
the government and private sector, consulting and contract work and even working for yourself. The session will also delve into what study and qualifications you should seek, and whether a standardised qualification should be available to professionals in
Engaging with regional and remote communities
This session features organisations who work with regional and remote communities on a daily basis, sharing their stories and successes. Hear real-life examples of how to best engage with regional and remote communities and how to reach those in geographically challenging locations.
Interactive group learning sessions
Throughout the two days take part in group learning which is designed so that participants can network, share challenges and wins and learn from the wealth of knowledge in the room.
Key benefits of attending
• Actively participate in a mixture of hands on, lecture and workshop based learning lead by subject experts
• Be part of the group that shapes the future of engagement practice across the nation
• Learn about professional development opportunities and how to take the next step as a community engagement leader
• You will meet face to face with leaders, senior engagement professionals and consultants with vast experience in the sector
• Hear from leading academics on the latest research in community engagement and digital tools
• Many opportunities to ask for solutions to challenges you encounter at your organisation
• Learn exciting new techniques to better profile and target your audience
• Become refreshed and inspired to put new ideas into practice for your community
• Meet with like-minded people facing the same challenges as yourself
• A great opportunity for team building and idea sharing
• Learn and interact in a safe, positive and friendly atmosphere
Who should attend?
• Community and stakeholder engagement practitioners of all levels of experience
• Communications and public relations professionals
• Public affairs and media relations professionals
• Digital, online and social media professionals
• Communications consultants
• Community development professionals of all levels of experience
• People who work regularly on the front line with communities
• Strategic and land use planners
• Anyone wanting to improve how their organisation works with communities and stakeholders!
2018 COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT SUMMIT – Sydney
MERCURE SYDNEY – 818 – 820 George Street, Chippendale Sydney NSW 2008, Australia