Presenters from our recent Victoria and Queensland Community Engagement Summit events have kindly offered to share their presentations. It is hoped that by sharing this knowledge, community engagement practitioners can apply the lessons from case studies and theory to their own work.
Please note, the content in these presentations remains the intellectual property of the authors, so please do not reproduce or post in any other forums without the written consent of the authors.
Thanks again to the presenters for sharing their valuable time and knowledge.
- Bernard Houston – Online tracking and monitoring tools for community engagement
- Charles Connell, Social Pinpoint – Real life learnings in location-based engagement planning and online mapping training tool
- Chelsea White, Consultation Manager – Building and leveraging data to better plan engagement strategies
- Daniel Murray, Empathic Consulting – Leading with empathy
- Dion Castle, STRUBER – Engagement marketing tactics to influence hearts and minds
- Don Sharples, Bang the Table – Analysing successful online engagement
- Emma Shearman – Media for an urban landscape
- Gwyneth Howell, Harvest Strategy – Digital Leadership for Youth
- Jonathan Sri, Brisbane City Council – Gabba Ward Community Voting and link to online voting system
- Laurel Johnson, University of Queensland – Community mapping for transport improvements
- Marcus Foth – We should create cities for slowing down
- Martin Tomitsch, The University of Sydney – From smart cities to digital placemaking: Making technology work for community engagement
- Matthew Cox, Envato – The two sides of community purpose and how to shape them
- Shoshana Wall, Temple Executive Search – Return on investment for early community and stakeholder engagement
- Stephanie Wyeth, Urbis – Tactician or Technician, Delivering ‘Value’ through Engagement
We will continue to update this page with further presentations and resources as the Summit Series progresses.